Upcoming activities and events
School Activities and Community Events will be posted here according to category. The postings may not be a Warren Consolidated Schools' program or event, nor is the district in any way affiliated with the advertised program. Registration or distribution of this flyer at a district facility is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval by the district of the activity or program advertised.
Nonprofit organizations that want to advertise on our website contact Renee Burch for approval.
School Activities, Athletic Camps, Class Reunions and Fundraising Events:
Cousino High School
Football Team 5 Day Camp
June 18, 25 July 9-10, 23
Upcoming grades 9-12; Cost: $50
Cousino Summer tennis Camp
- Session 1: June 18-21
- Session 2: June 25-29
- Session 3: July 9-12
- Session 4: July 16-19
- Session 5: July 23-26
The Cousino tennis camp is designed for middle or high school tennis players looking to learn and improve their tennis knowledge. It is open to boys and girls.
Middle School Clinic : 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. Cost: $35.00 per session
High School Clinic: 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. Cost $35.00 per session
Match play is designed to work on competitive skills. On court coaching is combined with singles and doubles set play.
Noon - 2:00 p.m. Cost: $30.00 per session
Cousino Patriot Volleyball Youth Skill Camp
The Patriots coaches have been studying the MSU Volleyball techniques and game plans over the off-season. We have learned new styles of teaching and enhancing volleyball skills. The camp will also focus on what it takes to play volleyball at the high school level.
Girls in grades 5th-8th (Current school year) : 8:30 - 11:30 AM
Cousino Patriot Soccer Youth Camp
Girls in grades 5th-8th:
June 22 6:00-8:00 p.m. June 23 & 24 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Stallion Youth Football Camp - June 25-June 27
Grades 2-8: 8:00 - 11:30 AM
Grades 9-12: 8:00 - 2:30 PM
$50 before June 11th after June 11th $80
Join us and make new friends, learn how to play football, and HAVE FUN!
20th Annual Warren Mott football camp - June 25 - 27
Upcoming Grades 2-9
9:00 a.m. - Noon
Cousino fundamental youth football camp - July 9 & 10
Come join us for our non-contact camp designed for youth players to introduce the techniques of football. We will group kids by ages so that we can provide each participant with the best experience possible. This will allow us to be able to offer more individual attention to beginners and seasoned players alike. Everyday we will combine football techniques with fun activities with a focus on safety, fundamentals and TEAM -Building.
All attendees are welcome from any school, youth program and skill level!
Upcoming Grades 3-8: 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Warren Mott Young Girls Volleyball Clinic - July 18-20
Girls will be learning the basics and fundamentals of the sport as well as what it takes to be a successful volleyball player.
Grades: 6-8: 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Cost: $40 per person (Includes T-shirt, snacks provided)
Deadline for payment: 7/1
Any questions, please contact the Varsity Coach: Camisha Coleman @ 586-707-3392 or via email at email@example.com
Patriots Championship Basketball Camp for Boy and Girls
July 30-August 2
The Cousino Girls basketball program is offering an exciting youth camp experience. Grades 1st-through 8th (Grade based on what they just finished) are welcome. In addition to providing an outstanding basketball experience, food and t-shirts will be provided for all students who attend the camp. Campers will be taught a variety of basketball skills and they will be given a chance to show them off in a variety of competitions and scrimmages. This promises to be a great experience for all!
1st -8th grade (Grade they just finished)
Cost: $60 per person (Includes T-shirt)
For more info, contact Coach Mike Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online today!
Community NEWS and Events:
- B.E.S.T SPECIAL NEEDS SUMMER DAY CAMP for students with special needs from ages 6 years old to 26 years old
Resources - Help Within the Community
In these tough economic times, many families are facing or have experienced the loss of jobs, health care and other necessary supports. The following is a list of agencies to contact if you or someone you know is feeling the effects of this economic crisis:
- Discount Dental: Super Teeth - 586.756.6888 in Warren
- Free or Low Cost Community Services: http://www.misd.net/connection
- Glasses: Lions Club – contact School Social Worker
- Health Care for Children: MiChild/Healthy Kids (coverage up to age 19) www.michigan.gov/mdch, and click on Health Care Coverage.
- Health Care for Adults:http://www.hrsa.gov
- Heat for your home: The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) pays toward heating bills 800.866.8429 or www.thawfund.org
- Job postings: A new link to a variety of private sector jobs in the community set up by the State of Michigan – www.michigan.gov/jobs
- United Way 2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember telephone number that connects people with resources that improve their lives. The 2-1-1 call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 a days a week, and are ready to provide information about a wide range of community services – including health care, job training, child care, mortgage foreclosure assistance and more.